Our Commitment to the Environment
As part of our commitment to the environment we have taken the following measures to minimize our impact on the environment and attempt to do something positive.
Our Goal: Zero Trash
- We aim to produce no trash that litter the land, and turn our countryside to landfills, to reach this goal we ask our workers and guests to give us a hand as well.Lets reduce the amount of trash we produce by not purchasing plastic bottles or items with excessive packaging.
- We ofer you potable water in reception where you can refill your water bottles.
- Office paper is used twice over and finally used as kindling for our sauna.
- Organic waste goes to feed our pigs or enters the compost system, these provide us with compost and manure which provide nutrients to the plants and finally us.
- Plastic wrappers and all other trash that cannot be recicled are placed in plastic containers that we will use for construction in the future.
- Used batteries are sent to Lima for recycling, if you can please take your's back home with you and have them recycled there.
One of the the main sources of contamination in the Sacred Valley is farming, which pumps tons of pesticides and fertilizers into the earth and water ways. These chemicals are harmful to animals, plantlife, farmers, food handlers and the people that finally eat the food. Starting in 2011 we have been producing our vegetables on our adjacent farm with no use of agro-chemicals guaranteeing the freshest and healthiest produce in our restaurant as well as other homes and businesses.
- We have switched to solar heaters in part of the lodge.
- We use energy saving lighbulbs including LED and compac flourescent bulbs.
- Please help us use less energy, turn off your room lights and appliances before you leave. Place towels you intend to use again on the rack we will only wash the ones on the floor.
The Future and our Community: